The Best Uses for FIBC Bags for Bulk Commodity Transportation
Updated: Feb 19
Over the past several years, FIBC bags have gained popularity due to their advantages over rigid IBCs, paper bags, and fiber, plastic, or metal drums. FIBC bulk bags are flexible intermediate bulk containers, also known as flexible industrial containers, used for storing and transporting dry and liquid products. In terms of packaging and transportation of various goods, FIBC bulk bags are the most versatile options available today.
In order to store and transport large quantities of products, FIBC bulk bags have been used by various industries since they were developed. A key characteristic of these advanced containers is their flexibility, and durability, which allows them to hold up to 4000 pounds of material.
China has developed the FIBC supply in a staggering speed in recent year, new plants built and new equipment introduced. This is due to both supply and demand. The traditional manufacturing is on the wane and we are finding new industry, this falls into our lap. Another reason is bulk bag is in vogue now, a common sight in all building sites.
Here are some of the best uses of FIBC bags in bulk transportation:
1) Transport Agricultural Products: animal feeds, and many others. Depending on what agricultural products you intend to pack in these bags, big bag liners may be necessary. These FIBCs maintain their shape during transportation and provide safe storage in warehouses.
2) Transport Construction Materials: Transportation and management of construction materials such as cement, soil, gravel, and other related products are challenging. It is possible to simplify and eliminate the challenges associated with the packaging and transportation of these materials by using the right FIBCs.
3) Transport Fine Powders: In case your business needs to store or transport fine grains or powders, FIBCs are a great option. Powders and grains you may want to store or transport include Oats, Flour, Sand, Sugar, Zinc ash, Minerals, Cobalt powder, etc. FIBCs with liners can prevent powder puffs or leakage while stored, depending on your product.
4) Transport Food Grade Products: Packaging food products are popular with FIBCs. Using these bags, bulk foods like dry goods, pulverized foods, and coarse foods can be transported. To keep the products fresh and free of contamination, liners can be used.
5) Transport Pharmaceutical Products: Unlike food products, pharmaceutical goods are always held to the same strict environmental and hygiene standards. The products can be packed safely in FIBCs and transported in bulk.
6) Transport Chemicals: Powdered and granular chemicals can be transported in bulk in FIBCs with perfect sift-proof seams and efficient liners. With their collapsible design, these bags are easy to store and empty with minimum contamination. Furthermore, they are made of durable, tough materials for safe storage and transportation.
7) Transport Plastics: For its supply of goods, the thermoplastic industry relies heavily on bulk packing, as it serves nearly every other industry. FIBC bag is an excellent option for transporting plastic pellets from a manufacturing plant to a factory in a safe and economical manner.
Industry-grade FIBC bulk bags have been instrumental in carrying materials. Having read this, you should try bulk bags that meet industry standards for quality and have features that could assist your business in storing and delivering products without hassles.